Cass City Junior/Senior High School
- Cass City, MI
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Cass City Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Cass City, MI. It has 427 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Cass City Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B159 Students
- grade B106 Students
- grade B minus106 Students
- grade B minus98 Students
- grade A67 Students
- grade B57 Students
- grade B+42 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade B+41 Students
- grade B minus39 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Tractor Day21%
- Themed Baskeball Games16%
- Food For America11%
- Spirit Week11%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,731 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Cass City Junior/Senior High School
- grade C+Kingston High School
- Kingston Community School District, MI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade BUnionville-Sebewaing High School
- Unionville-Sebewaing Area School District, MI
- Rating 3.33 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade B minusLaker High School
- Elkton-Pigeon-Bay Port Laker Schools, MI
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade B minusUbly Community High School
- Ubly Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 52 reviews
Cass City Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.53 out of 5 80 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Cass City Junior/Senior High has many academic and volunteer opportunities for students! The staff is amazing and always helpful, especially when preparing students for post-high school.
Throughout my years of high school at Cass City Junior/Senior High School, I have excelled very much by earning the grade I deserved on many classes. I really enjoyed being able to go to the Tuscola Intermediate School District starting my junior year, and I feel like it helped guide me towards college and help me decide where I wanna be after high school and which career I will enter. The only thing I would like to change is having more class time to prepare for the SAT. The SAT is important to me and many students so that we can succeed in life.
I've attended Cass City my Whole life and I wouldn't want to spend my senior year anywhere else. Cass City is a smaller school, I enjoy it though. I can name off all my fellow seniors. I love my teachers. classes are challenging but not ridiculous. I always have a fun time in school. Teachers are open-minded and i feel they genuinely care for their students. I have felt supported and loved by my peers and the faculty my entire life. The food may not be very good but the atmosphere and great relationships here make up for it.