Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Carver Senior High School is a public school located in Montgomery, AL. It has 996 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Carver Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B141 Students
- C130 Students
- C-129 Students
- A107 Students
- A-96 Students
- B-93 Students
- B88 Students
- A86 Students
- C+71 Students
- B44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Carver Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Carver Senior High School was like none other. At Carver is where I learned more about myself and my creative abilities and is also the place where I fell in love with marching band and I really decided what I wanted to do with my life. I came into contact with teachers who were not only wonderful teachers, but great mentors as well. They truly pushed me and caused me to believe in myself even more by constantly encouraging me and speaking words of wisdom into my life and have ultimately led and guided me in the right direction, and because of my hard work and teachers who were passionate about seeing their students succeed, my future has become even more bright and my path is much more clear.
It's been a great time to be a Wolverine! The school itself feels like home, it's very heartwarming. I've started going to Carver High School my nineth grade year and from that day forward it's been fun. School is really what you make it. My teachers are very helpful and always wants better for you. We have great organizations for everyone. The sponsors are so positive. They influence you to set goals for yourself and have such a mature mindset about life. It's truly gets you ready for the real world. It makes you feel like you're so ready for college and have higher standards for yourself. Academics wise it's challenging, but your the teachers would break every step down to your pace or knowledge. It's very diversity you would never see anyone walking alone or feeling like they wouldn't "fit in". Everyone at school is friendly. I see why we have such a strong alumni support! Once a Wolverine, always a Wolverine!
I am going to be a Senior this fall year. I love my school, we have such school spirit. Our Athletic department is amazing we’re always looking for that 1st place. Something I would like to see change is the dress code. Enough of the school uniforms. We should be comfortable and wear regular clothes!