Carver High School is a public school located in Columbus, GA. It has 1,138 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 4% of students are at least proficient in math and 19% in reading.
Carver High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-155 Students
- C+146 Students
- A+144 Students
- B142 Students
- C135 Students
- B+110 Students
- C+101 Students
- C+98 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Carver High School Reviews
Since the beginning of my freshmen year the school was very welcoming. The school was very easy to get around. I found my classes pretty easy. The people around are very nice and fun to be around. My teachers so far made learning fun and easy to remember. The clubs at carver are fun too. They are very active and interesting. The art class is fun too. You get to sculpt, draw, and paint. The teacher makes it easy and fun. Our band makes our school known . That’s just shows how good our band is at carver. My school also has a program for the kids who just might want to go the the army. The program is called JROTC. Which is one of my classes. The people around when I’m in that class seem to enjoy it. We march and do things that are some what like the army. After all, I find myself going to Carver High School for the rest of my high school year. I love my school.
Hello, my name is TaLia Alston a senior at Carver High School and what I like most about my high school is how education is key. Many opportunities are given for our seniors because they want to see their students strive in life. The opportunities that are given are senior empowerment days which take place on Wednesday’s. With senior empowerment you are offered help with applying to colleges, completing your fafsa, applying and writing essays for scholarships. Our senior counselor sends remind messages out everyday about opportunities of college recruitment fairs and scholarships online that can benefit us once we go forward into our life. My school shows the honor ship and authority of how they want the students of my school to succeed and have a great education in life whether it’s traditional or stem classes. A way to better my school is by bringing students together to take knowledge of the opportunities offered at Carver.
I am still currently a high school student at George Washing Carver High School. My recent years at Carver High School, have been nothing but marvelous. The teacher show and prove that they actually care for their students , and want them to go be something in life. Basically being successful. I can tell you now the work here is not easy, but it is preparing you for college for the most part as they are telling us. Therefore, my overall experience with Carver High School on a scale 1-10, it would be a 10.