Carthage Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Carthage, NY. It has 898 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Carthage Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+70 Students
- A-43 Students
- A39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+36 Students
- C30 Students
- B29 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-28 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Carthage Senior High School
- B-Watertown Senior High School
- Watertown City School District, NY
- 120 reviews
- A-Indian River High School
- Indian River Central School District, NY
- 83 reviews
- BLowville High School
- Lowville Academy & Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- C+Beaver River Senior High School
- Beaver River Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
Carthage Senior High School Reviews
Overall, Carthage Senior High School is a great school. The teachers are great and there is an amazing selection of classes and extracurricular activities. The school has a great STEM program with many different options for classes in those fields including an agricultural science program and a project lead the way program. While the STEM programs tend to excel at Carthage some of the other field can start to be left behind. This includes the music and arts program at the school. The music and arts program at the school is small but it is a good program with multiple programs including music, choral, art, and drama. There is many different clubs and activities that the school offers ranging from Key Club to Multi-Cultural Club and there is even a Skiing Club and a Trap Shooting Club. Carthage Senior High School is a great school with many different options for whatever any student would want from their high school.
The teachers are probably the best part of this school, and even then some of them have their flaws. This school had a lot of bullying, and RACISM from the students. I was called named like Ling-Ling (unwantedly) for my duration here. It's honestly unacceptable that they let this type of behavior thrive. The only thing people care about is sports. My experience here honestly gave me such a nightmare looking back at it. Please pick a different school system, your child probably will not like it here, especially if you are a POC. I wish I never went here, it was such a bad experience.
Carthage Central High School has a lot to offer when it comes to advanced classes and a variety of clubs. There are numerous AP classes which offer college credit as well as dual enrollment classes through the nearby community college. These classes are challenging but nothing a hard-worker can't handle. The expanding clubs available at Carthage are engaging and fun! I have been involved in several, including Sustainability Corps., Key Club, Art Club, Math League, and Science Olympiad.