Carson City-Crystal High School
- CARSON CITY, MI
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D minus
Carson City-Crystal High School is a public school located in CARSON CITY, MI. It has 264 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Carson City-Crystal High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A36 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade B minus24 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B+13 Students
- grade B minus12 Students
- grade B minus11 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Carson City-Crystal High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- I enjoyed football games.43%
- I enjoyed the sporting events, band and acedemics43%
- Marching Eagles7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,257 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Carson City-Crystal High School
- grade C+Central Montcalm High School
- Central Montcalm Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.22 out of 5 94 reviews
- grade BIthaca High School
- Ithaca Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 56 reviews
- grade CFulton High School
- Fulton Schools, MI
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 81 reviews
- grade B+Pewamo-Westphalia Junior/Senior High School
- Pewamo-Westphalia Community Schools, MI
- Rating 4.52 out of 5 23 reviews
Carson City-Crystal High School Reviews
Rating 2.85 out of 5 40 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had a very good experience going to Carson City-Crystal High School. I would say it is a pretty small school compared to some. I graduated with less than 40 kids in my class, although my class is on the small side. I would say average classes have about 60 kids. It is nice having smaller classes and actually knowing everyone you go to school with. They have a great sports department as well.
The environment at this school I would not recommend to someone who isn't infatuated with gossip. Cliques are clear, yet keeping to oneself is simple.
Havent had many problems with my child that graduated, but have alot of issues with my other child attending the school now. Certain teachers dont respect certain kids before they even get to know them, so they are treated differently. Mostly, its great overall and I wouldnt have my kids go anywhere else for high school.