Carrollton High School is a public school located in Carrollton, OH. It has 698 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-59 Students
- A+34 Students
- B32 Students
- A-28 Students
- C+26 Students
- B24 Students
- B-18 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
- C+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Carrollton High School
- BUnited High School
- United Local School District, OH
- 69 reviews
- BMalvern High School
- Brown Local School District, OH
- 27 reviews
- B-Minerva High School
- Minerva Local School District, OH
- 101 reviews
- B-Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 58 reviews
Carrollton High School Reviews
Carrollton Schools was a great school. I attended for 3 years, and graduated as a junior. I was able to attend from 2007-2010, and have recently found out that they are building a new school that is newer and bigger out by the football field towards the end of town. I was pushed as a student by my teacher, who were encouraging and passionate about their jobs as a teachers. I also pursued choir while attending. I took choir for all 3 years at Carrollton Schools, and we held wonderful concerts, which were put together by the awesome choir director. I also seem to remember having a geat football team to cheer for on game day! I wouldn't be where I am today, if it weren't for my school.
I liked how involved the teachers and principal try to be with the kid's lives. They try so hard to make sure the school is a safe environment where everyone feels like they belong, but it is a high school with personal drama everywhere. The one thing I would like to see change would be the bullying that goes on because of drama in the student's daily lives that we face because of peer pressure.
My overall experience at this school was pretty good. My favorite experiences was JROTC classes and the training activities we did. I loved learning new things in that area. Our sports were always a HUGE thing at Carrollton. So all our games, prep rallys, and other sport related things were always a fun part to be a part of. Our school is unique because it is a very old school with not a lot of new technology in the school. The school has looked the same for almost 100 years! If I could do it all over again I probably would just because I enjoyed being in the small town.