Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Carrollton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Carrollton, GA. It has 1,630 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Carrollton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-324 Students
- A+291 Students
- B184 Students
- B+159 Students
- B155 Students
- B+122 Students
- A105 Students
- B+98 Students
- B-98 Students
- A+96 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Carrollton High School Reviews
Carrollton High School prides its self on rigorous academics, engagement in the arts, and competitive athletics. There is something for everyone to be involved in at Carrollton High School. The teachers encourage students to find a way to be involved and inspire students to work towards the next level. Highly recommended!
The best part about Carrollton High School is its multitude of opportunities for student involvement. From service clubs to sports to the arts, this high school is the best I've been to by far--and I'm a military kid who's seen seven different systems in six different states. At this school, 99% of the teachers genuinely care for their students, and it's easy to make friends and fit in. If I have one complaint about CHS, it's that the school seems to spend SPLOST tax money on superfluous things that are more show-offy than necessary: for instance, a helicopter landing pad for visiting football scouts, or a massive courtyard that serves no purpose other than campus beautification, instead of funding better cafeteria food or buying new instruments for the marching band. Overall, I think this school is excellent for students both academically and socially, and I loved my time there.
As a graduate of the school, I've seen a lot of things that I took for granted when I was attending there. The school does make a genuine effort to make sure every student feels safe and is prepared to graduate. It's definitely one of those places where you can get lost in going through the motions since the school is so large, but the experience is what you make of it. The amount of clubs and activities for students to join is pretty large and it's not hard to find people who are interested in the same things. Academically, the school is improving in terms of classes students have to choose from, but still has a while to go when it comes to a few of the teachers themselves. Some teachers will go the furthest they can to make sure every student is helped and held accountable, and some others will let you pass just if you play a sport that they like. Overall, I really enjoyed my time there, I just wish I could have seen more attempts from administration to raise student involvement.