Carrollton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Carrollton, GA. It has 1,525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Carrollton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-285 Students
- A+258 Students
- B155 Students
- B+133 Students
- B126 Students
- B+102 Students
- B-91 Students
- A+88 Students
- A84 Students
- C+82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Carrollton High School Reviews
Overall is a great school (and system) - there are issues with "haves" and "have-nots" - rich kids and A-List kids getting preferential treatment but keep your head down and do your work - you'll find your group of friends - Young Life helped tons! Plus, the REALLY push AP and not Dual Enrollment.
The facilities in the school system are very good. This past year there have been many changes, constructions, and remodeling. There are many different clubs and activities to do which are fun to be apart of. There are a plethora of sports and extra curricular activities that anyone who wants can join. The people in the school including students, teachers and administrators are very nice and try to help as much as possible to their abilities. The only thing lacking is the food selections for lunch that are not just okay but repeats weekly.
As a former graduate and current employee, I can say--without hesitation--that Carrollton High School is an exemplary educational institution. I have always been proud of my secondary education, but as a current support staff member, I have now been privileged to see just how much effort and care goes into making CHS such a successful school. The teachers, administrators, and support staff are truly invested in the success of each and every student. I'm certain that Carrollton High School will consistently be recognized as one of the top schools in the state. Go Trojans!