Carroll Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Southlake, TX. It has 1,284 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Carroll Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+333 Students
- A+234 Students
- A+152 Students
- A-145 Students
- A144 Students
- A128 Students
- A-126 Students
- A-112 Students
- A99 Students
- A+97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 122 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.53 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses
Schools like Carroll Senior High School
- A+Carroll High School
- Carroll Independent School District, TX
- 41 reviews
- A+Flower Mound High School
- Lewisville Independent School District, TX
- 698 reviews
- AArgyle High School
- Argyle Independent School District, TX
- 131 reviews
- A+Coppell High School
- Coppell Independent School District, TX
- 617 reviews
Carroll Senior High School Reviews
Teachers take immense interest in their students. Carroll is the best public school in Texas-the education quality can't be beat! Many AP and dual credit classes are available to students. Carroll also prepares students for the real world through their multitude of programs including Carroll Medical Academy.
It was a pretty typical 4 years of high school. I am very ready to move on from here. The school was very outdated. Its architecture is atrocious. My school doesn't even compare in the slightest to the communities that surround it. In Southlake we are known for being an affluent community however, when every bathroom in our school is absolutely disgusting I wonder where all this money is going. There are a lot of things that need to be changed about Carroll Senior High School and we have the financial resources, but it seems to all go to our athletics. Lastly, my experience with teachers has been very subpar. I've probably enjoyed a solid 6 teachers from all four of my high school years. There are many teachers who need to be replaced or retired and have not benefited anything towards my education. A lot of opinion of high school experience relies on teachers, so therefore I believe there should be a better process when deciding who teaches these students.
Southlake Carroll has great academics. There are so many opportunities to take advanced courses and get involved in school activities. Although Southlake students are stereotyped as being snobby and rich, they all work extremely hard. They are successful because they want a bright future for themselves and are willing to put in the time and effort. The downside is that you cannot be “top 10%” or of a prestigious class rank unless you have above a 4.0. Also, this school is not very diverse.