Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Carroll Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Southlake, TX. It has 1,342 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Carroll Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+540 Students
- A+403 Students
- A239 Students
- A+217 Students
- A215 Students
- A200 Students
- A-174 Students
- A+168 Students
- A-161 Students
- B+155 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 142 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
Schools like Carroll Senior High School
- ACarroll High School
- Carroll Independent School District, TX
- 48 reviews
- A+Flower Mound High School
- Lewisville Independent School District, TX
- 838 reviews
- AArgyle High School
- Argyle Independent School District, TX
- 159 reviews
- A+Coppell High School
- Coppell Independent School District, TX
- 769 reviews
Carroll Senior High School Reviews
In general, I would say my experience at Carroll hasn't been entirely bad. There's numerous categories that went into choosing this rating. Foremost, the academics. Carroll provides some of the best academic resources in the state (for public schools, and at least to my knowledge), and allows for students to take a variety of courses and participate in various clubs. Second, the social environment. Although it's not the best possible, Carroll has been working towards promoting more diversity and equality both in education and the environment it fosters, creating a diverse campus in both ideology and education. Finally, the staff. The staff at Carroll is extremely knowledgable and capable of their jobs, whether its teachers or counselors, and only add more positives to the overall environment.
Throughout my four years of high school, I really enjoyed the student environment that Southlake Carroll provided. I especially enjoyed the immersion of both academics and sports. The teachers I had were incredibly supportive and helpful yet also challenged me. I met a great group of friends through a program called Carroll Medical Academy (CMA) and had the opportunity to take up other leadership opportunities in other programs such as ones called SKIL and Spanish NHS. The downside to the student environment was diversity. The population and culture were slightly lacking throughout my years here. I would have enjoyed the student life more if student life was more multifarious. Apart from this, I was able to gain insight into my future career of becoming a physician. Over breaks, I got the chance to be apart of medical internships and get exposed to several different doctors. All in all, I truly appreciated the atmosphere that Southlake provided for me in all aspects.
I have loved being a student at Carroll Senior High! Southlake is a wonderful place to live, if you can afford it, and the activities at all of the schools are amazing. The teachers and classes are top-notch, especially AP classes.