Carroll High School is a top rated, public school located in Southlake, TX. It has 1,365 students in grades 9-10 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Carroll High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+77 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+31 Students
- A31 Students
- A29 Students
- A28 Students
- A+23 Students
- A21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Carroll High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Carroll High School
- A+Carroll Senior High School
- Carroll Independent School District, TX
- 416 reviews
- A+Flower Mound High School
- Lewisville Independent School District, TX
- 761 reviews
- A+Argyle High School
- Argyle Independent School District, TX
- 144 reviews
- AKeller High School
- Keller Independent School District, TX
- 581 reviews
Carroll High School Reviews
I attended Carroll ISD Kindergarten-12th grade. Aside from having the occasional clueless coach for a math teacher, I have few to no complaints about the academics of Carroll. It can be rigorous, but thanks to this I graduated feeling well educated and prepared for my next steps in life (which I was). However, the people are mean and the social expectations are demanding. If you have a cofident, mean, take-what-I-want personality, you may excel here. If you are shy in the slightest or lack confidence, it's a very sad an scary place to be. The negative environment is enough to keep me from ever allowing my own children to attend here.
As a senior, Carroll has given me friends and memories to last a lifetime. There is always something to do and it is super easy to become involved. Your student will never be bored. Teachers are easy to work with and the office staff is always ready to help with smiling faces!
I'm being 100% honest. If you're not great at making new friends, and you are not involved in sports/clubs then this school isn't for you. Half of the people here are so rude, for ex. if you aren't wearing the trendiest clothes. The teachers really show you how they would much rather do other stuff. This school is okay, but it's more about the people and enviorment that make it so much more difficult. I have had girls tell me that I need to wear makeup to actually not look so bad. It's so sad. I hope you fit in tho.... cuz if you do, you will love this school. But if you are more shy/humble good luck. you are beautiful no matter what anyone tells you. At least I learned how to accept myself cause those girls were mean to me. Everything happens for a reason. Overall the school is good education wise so I guess it's good if you just want to study and be done with highschool because same.