Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Carroll High School is a highly rated, public school located in Southlake, TX. It has 1,370 students in grades 9-10 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Carroll High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+92 Students
- grade A+62 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade A41 Students
- grade A36 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade A+34 Students
- grade A+32 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Sporting events67%
- Pep rallies33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,305 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Carroll High School
- grade A+Carroll Senior High School
- Carroll Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 471 reviews
- grade A+Flower Mound High School
- Lewisville Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 862 reviews
- grade AArgyle High School
- Argyle Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 162 reviews
- grade AKeller High School
- Keller Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 663 reviews
Carroll High School Reviews
Rating 3.85 out of 5 48 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I mostly liked going to Carroll because of the band program and convenient location. The literature for the English classes can be very violent and disgusting, and the Biology curriculum is redundant and not well-planned. There are a lot of food options, but the facility is ugly and old, with pest infestations and unhealthy air quality. I have literally seen RATS climbing into the ceiling, and TERMITES have FALLEN ONTO MY HEAD from the ceiling of a classroom. The art classes always display eyesores of "art" all around the hallways and even the SAC and cafeteria. I wish it would get remodeled and the teachers would be nicer and go out of their way to help students stay on track.
I attended Carroll ISD Kindergarten-12th grade. Aside from having the occasional clueless coach for a math teacher, I have few to no complaints about the academics of Carroll. It can be rigorous, but thanks to this I graduated feeling well educated and prepared for my next steps in life (which I was). However, the people are mean and the social expectations are demanding. If you have a cofident, mean, take-what-I-want personality, you may excel here. If you are shy in the slightest or lack confidence, it's a very sad an scary place to be. The negative environment is enough to keep me from ever allowing my own children to attend here.
As a senior, Carroll has given me friends and memories to last a lifetime. There is always something to do and it is super easy to become involved. Your student will never be bored. Teachers are easy to work with and the office staff is always ready to help with smiling faces!