Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Carroll High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fort Wayne, IN. It has 2,412 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Carroll High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A607 Students
- B-514 Students
- B449 Students
- A+444 Students
- B158 Students
- C+139 Students
- A-133 Students
- B130 Students
- B+102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like Carroll High School
- AHomestead Senior High School
- Southwest Allen County Schools, IN
- 662 reviews
- BGarrett High School
- Garrett-Keyser-Butler Community School District, IN
- 76 reviews
- B+Leo Junior/Senior High School
- East Allen County Schools, IN
- 271 reviews
- CColumbia City High School
- Whitley County Consolidated Schools, IN
- 199 reviews
Carroll High School Reviews
Carroll high school is very academically rigorous and challenges students to think in many different perspectives. There are a large array of class options to choose from and the school offers many college readiness classes such as AP and Dual Credit classes. I took many of these and as such am more prepared for college than the average student; I have also saved money in attending college as I received college credit for taking AP classes. The teachers at Carroll high school care greatly about their students and for the most part, this is very apparent. The social side of Carroll high school isn't bad either, while there are cliques, the atmosphere at Carroll is generally inviting and quite friendly. Overall, Carroll high is a pretty decent school!
Carroll High School is a fantastic place to gain a quality education! I transferred here as a sophomore and I felt welcomed by a large student population who possess a large amount of school spirit. The facilities are clean and spacious, and the administrators care deeply about the success of their students. There is a diverse selection of elective courses and a large staff of teachers who, for the most part, are deeply invested in the education of their students.
I have overall enjoyed my time at Carroll High school. The teachers and counselors with classes, questions, and preparing for after college. The school is a very safe environment and there are always people around me that care. I also have experiences great involvement in my school through sports, activities, and clubs. I have even been given the opportunity to lead activities and clubs! The school is excellent in academics as well. The courses are challenging at times but possible and with studying and the help of teachers, there is rarely reason to worry about academics.