Carroll High School is a highly rated, public school located in Carroll, IA. It has 487 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A51 Students
- A29 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-23 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B10 Students
- C+8 Students
- A-5 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Carroll High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Carroll High School
- C+Ikm-Manning High School
- IKM Manning Community School District, IA
- 24 reviews
- B+South Central Calhoun High School
- Southern Calhoun Community School District, IA
- PK, K-12
- 22 reviews
- A-Glidden-Ralston Junior/Senior High School
- Glidden-Ralston Community School District, IA
- 17 reviews
- BWestside Junior/Senior High School
- Ar-We-Va Community School District, IA
- 7 reviews
Carroll High School Reviews
Carroll High is a nice High school, they offer a good variety of activities. Sports are very popular and I am on the dance team. The teachers there are great, and really care about their students. The office staff is wonderful, very helpful and organized. The school is safe and always clean. There is a program with DMACC that you can earn college credits, the program is free and I have already earned over 20 college credits that will all transfer to my college next year.
Carroll High School has been an amazing experience for me. It gave me many opportunities in extracurriculars, class options, and a community with a very diverse and caring outlook. The only change I wish for Carroll High School to have is not such a strong importance on athletics. I agree that these team-building programs are essential for some high school students to grow and learn as people, but when other programs suffer (such as the drama department or even sports that are not as popular), it becomes a problem.
As a student who attended Carroll High School in Iowa, I found it to be a great place to learn academically and meet new friends. The children there are for the most part very friendly and helpful and the faculty was very nice and cared about your learning experience. There were many things to get involved with and many people would encourage you to go out of your comfort zone to create fun and new experiences. I would definitely recommend Carroll High School to anyone who has any interest of becoming a tiger.