Carpinteria Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Carpinteria, CA. It has 648 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Carpinteria Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-94 Students
- A-55 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+50 Students
- A39 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+32 Students
- A32 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Carpinteria Senior High School
- A-Ventura High School
- Ventura Unified School District, CA
- 312 reviews
- A-Nordhoff High School
- Ojai Unified School District, CA
- 52 reviews
- ASanta Barbara Senior High School
- Santa Barbara Unified School District, CA
- 306 reviews
- NGSanta Barbara County Special Education
- Public School
- Santa Barbara, CA
Carpinteria Senior High School Reviews
This is a great school to go to. Coming from someone who spent their entire K-12 school career in Carpinteria schools, I'd say this school really kept up with the quality and overall fun school experience. The classes can be tough at times, which is good college prep, and the teachers are top of the line. There's a big community aspect here, so the teachers really go over the top with giving their time and energy to their students. We have a new track, that hosts the statewide Russell Cup Trackmeet, which is the largets small school meet in California, which is amazing considering the size of our town/school. The sports programs and coaches are friendly and very available, and there's a lot of community support. Students can attend all sporting events for free or for $1 with ID in special cases. They have a good relationship with Santa Barbara City College as well, which is 15 minutes away and the BEST community college in the nation to go to.
I like Carpinteria High School because its small, I know everyones face and almost everyone's name. Their are college classes and AP classes offered, just because it's a small school doesn't;t meant it doesn't have those things and thats what I like. Maybe changes would be they should use the sprinklers more smartly but that all I can think of at this moment. Carpinteria High School not only gives the opportunity to speak up about stuff but also allows you to be heard and they want you to get into college so they notify you about classes that will help you and scholarships in the area that are being offered.
What I like about Carpinteria Senior High is that there is no drama. Not many students, so everyone knows you and you get to have good relationships with your teachers. Something I would like to change is the food and maybe get to have more school spirit.