Carolina Forest High School is an above average, public school located in Myrtle Beach, SC. It has 2,360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Carolina Forest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B451 Students
- A344 Students
- B+263 Students
- C+243 Students
- A239 Students
- B+126 Students
- B-91 Students
- C+82 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Carolina Forest High School Reviews
Very welcoming! This school and it’s staff prepared me for life and helped me grow as a person! With out my high school experience I wouldn’t have certain job offers, experience, and the ability to be successful in college! This school is filled with so many different walks of life and it’s an environment that welcomes all kids! They are amazing with school spirit and student/parent involvement and has so many art opportunity’s. They are a fine arts school.
Overall Carolina Forest High School has a lot of positives that outweigh the negatives. The teachers are typically rather lame, overly enthusiastic, or crazy but surprisingly impressive. The diversity throughout the school is good but often times people own mental perception of other people and judgmental thoughts get though the cracks occasionally. Also I see people think they don't have opportunities just because who they are ,but in reality they can even though they perceive that they can't. There are three administrators who every one loves and respect ,but ,in contrast, the rest are overly strict to the extent were it creates unneeded disobedience. The AP programs offered are fantastic and allow some of the student body to achieve what they though impossible .
Carolina Forest is a great school, filled with many kind and intelligent students and teachers.Who diligently work together to ensure the betterment of eachother as people and students.Most students cooperate and actively participate in the classroom, because they have a growth mindset and are hungry for knowledge.As it is instilled into you during your years in CFHS.They have an amazing physchology program there, Dr. Melissa Sanders is an amazing Teacher,Mentor, and Human-Being.She takes things that teenagers are interested in and combines it into her classwork.I have never heard a student complain of her class whether they’ve taken Cp Psych or AP.No student has ever came into her class and not taken anything from it.All students actively participate in classroom work and discussions.It is a very friendly environment inside of her classroom.She has a friendly-bond with every single student that she has taught.And, on an ending note, no student has ever failed Dr.Sanders class.