Caro High School is a public, magnet school located in Caro, MI. It has 501 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Caro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B104 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+50 Students
- B-48 Students
- B40 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+32 Students
- B26 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Caro High School
- B-Vassar Senior High School
- Vassar Public Schools, MI
- 29 reviews
- C+Mayville High School
- Mayville Community School District, MI
- 51 reviews
- C+Cass City Jr. & Sr. High School
- Cass City Public Schools, MI
- 70 reviews
- B-Reese High School
- Reese Public Schools, MI
- 49 reviews
Caro High School Reviews
Caro High School was my second high school, I had moved my senior year from Pennsylvania. The teachers opened up to me my first day and created a strong relationship with me through out the year. The staff is very student oriented and wants to see every student be successful. I was able to seek help from all of my teachers and they were willing to talk to me about anything I needed. Caro High School focuses on excellence and will stop at nothing to make sure their students exceed expectation.
In my opinion, the best thing about Caro High School would be the teachers. For the most part, they all seem to actually have an urge to try and get to know their students. They relate to us in a way that you probably wouldn't see in most schools. The administration tries to interact with the students as well. However, the biggest thing I would like to see change at Caro High School would be the sport program. We seem to have a habit of hiring faculty as coaches rather than someone who would be more qualified. And it seems that the teams with non-faculty coaches tend to due better in their particular sport season.
Caro High School has a safe atmosphere with friendly faces. The sports programs need work. However, few sports have strong results. Teachers are helpful and personable. Unfortunately, Caro High School does not really prepare you for college. There are good AP programs and teachers. The food is absolutely horrendous, but the lunch ladies are kind. There are many clubs and activities to join that make Caro a fun place to learn.