Carnegie Vanguard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+165 Students
- A-135 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+100 Students
- A45 Students
- A-44 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+42 Students
- A32 Students
- A+31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Carnegie Vanguard High School Reviews
Review Carnegie Vanguard High School
I love Carnegie! As an African American woman who is accustomed to low-quality schools, teachers, and supplies, Carnegie had exposed me to the bright side of school! I have no drama in my personal life at all at Carnegie. The students are very helpful and intelligent!
The enviornement at Carnegie was amazing. Everyone was very supportive, including the students. You could leave your phone on a charging station and it would still be there by the end of the day. The teachers are there to help you and they really do prepare you for college. The counselors really try to help you with scholarships and college. Since the school is relatively small, it is easy to get the help you need. You have to sacrifice getting that typical high school experience and prepared to work really hard if you choose this school. It is worth it in the end.
As a junior of Carnegie, I've been here for a good three years and as of now the way things are being run within in the school is pretty fine. We have a very strong student based administration who primarily focus on the importance of providing food, money and more activities for the students. The teachers here at Carnegie tend to go above and beyond to help each individual student to obtain the necessary education that is provided towards them and our administration does a great job of a tackling school issue: cheating, bullying and dealing with outside disturbances. The only thing that I would like to see change is a more diverse amount of students, because as of now there are are only a few African American and Hispanic students pre grade