Carmichaels Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Carmichaels, PA. It has 322 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-32 Students
- A-25 Students
- C+21 Students
- A+19 Students
- A19 Students
- B-14 Students
- B10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Carmichaels Area Junior/Senior High School
- C+Brownsville Area High School
- Brownsville Area School District, PA
- 94 reviews
- C-Bethlehem-Center Senior High School
- Bethlehem-Center School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- CJefferson-Morgan Middle/High School
- Jefferson-Morgan School District, PA
- 20 reviews
- C-Albert Gallatin Area Senior High School
- Albert Gallatin Area School District, PA
- 168 reviews
Carmichaels Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
The academics are average here. There are many teachers who care about their students and the education they are receiving, while others should not be qualified to teach at all. There are a number of clubs, extracurricular activities, and field trips offered to students. Most classroom materials such as textbooks are outdated.
There is absolutely no diversity, the students get grades based on favoritism, and the teacher do not know much about what they are teaching. Our school counselor is not much help at all and the classes do not prepare you in any way for college or the real world.
The teachers each have their own way of teaching, but each makes it work in thier own way and each of them has their own strong suits. There are some teachers who couldn't care less, but the overall result is amazing. They are very good at what they do. The good teachers have a very engauging hands on quality to them. They are willing to help you out if you do not understand the lesson. They also make the lesson fun in each of theifr own different ways. The grading is very consistant with each of the teachers. They each have their own grading system and they stick to it throughout the year.