Carmel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+92 Students
- A+87 Students
- A78 Students
- A+72 Students
- A68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-66 Students
- A56 Students
- A56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Carmel High School
- APacific Grove High School
- Pacific Grove Unified School District, CA
- 108 reviews
- NGCarmel Valley High School
- Carmel Unified School District, CA
- BSalinas High School
- Salinas Union High School District, CA
- 313 reviews
- B+Monterey High School
- Monterey Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 209 reviews
Carmel High School Reviews
Carmel High was an amazing experience. The campus is relatively small which makes getting to and from class easy. It's right by the ocean which makes for fun after school get togethers. The teachers are absolutely amazing and really care about the students they teach. There's plenty of sports, music, and other extracurricular activities so that everyone can find something that fits them. I do wish that the parking lot was expanded a little bit to the nearby unused lot by the school.
Teachers really help students and my school is one of the top 100, so it's a good educational experience. We have a wide range of classes, from those that are designed to help the students who are really struggling to many AP classes that really help you prepare for college life. Most teachers really challenge the students, and give consistent information about expectations, which really helps to understand what you need to do to succeed and get good grades. They all know their subjects really well and can communicate information effectively to students. Most of the teaching departments coordinate their grading, so, for example, all English teachers have the same scores for tests and quizzes, and have similar assignments. This way if you have scheduling changes, it's easy to switch from one teacher to another for the same class. I like my school since it's the best in our area.
Carmel high school is unique in the sense that when students graduate from there they leave with more than just a diploma; they with an education worth having. The teachers here go above and beyond to not jut ensure you pass their classes, but to make you care about your learning experience. Being part of the AVID program made me especially prepared for applying to colleges and knowing I will succeed with the tools to success I learned. I am truly lucky to have attended Carmel High School, and I one day hope to go back there to make the next generation care about there education as a teacher myself.