Carmel High School is a top rated, public school located in Carmel, CA. It has 857 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Carmel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+121 Students
- A+115 Students
- A+103 Students
- A102 Students
- A91 Students
- A-90 Students
- A+90 Students
- A82 Students
- A72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Carmel High School
- APacific Grove High School
- Pacific Grove Unified School District, CA
- 114 reviews
- NGCarmel Valley High School
- Carmel Unified School District, CA
- B+Salinas High School
- Salinas Union High School District, CA
- 334 reviews
- B+Monterey High School
- Monterey Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 222 reviews
Carmel High School Reviews
I had an exceptional experience and Carmel High! The teachers, curriculum, and the environment promote fun, well-rounded learning. Through the opportunities offered at CHS, I was able to confidently pick a major and a field of study in college. I highly recommend involvement in sports and advanced placement classes.
One of the best parts about Carmel High School was the teacher's ability to ready students for both AP tests and colleges. The classes were rigorous, but this readied the students for all following challenges. Also, the teachers did not treat students as bodies in a room; they were always ready to answer any inquiries students may have. One of the downsides to Carmel was the lack of diversity. Carmel is a rich area, so most of the students were extremely affluent and mostly Caucasian. After being invited to many students' homes, many of them obtained houses worth millions of dollars. Although this was great for the school's reputability, it did not bode well for diversity.
Incredibly challenging courses with an amazing staff. Carmel High School (CHS) offers many different Advanced Placement classes so that students have the opportunity to not only prepare for college, but knock out a couple of credits before they get there. The students on campus are not particularly diverse, but bullying/violence are not tolerated so the atmosphere is always calm. Students will have the opportunity to join many different clubs and sports to meet new people and load up on extra curriculars