Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Carmel High School is a top rated, public school located in Carmel, CA. It has 845 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Carmel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+164 Students
- A+145 Students
- A+143 Students
- A127 Students
- A-124 Students
- A+115 Students
- A110 Students
- A107 Students
- B+92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 105 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Carmel High School
- A+Pacific Grove High School
- Pacific Grove Unified School District, CA
- 139 reviews
- NGCarmel Valley High School
- Carmel Unified School District, CA
- B+Salinas High School
- Salinas Union High School District, CA
- 376 reviews
- A-Monterey High School
- Monterey Peninsula Unified School District, CA
- 255 reviews
Carmel High School Reviews
If there is anything I've learned empirically from growing up, money can buy everything other than happiness. The perks of living in a wealthy school district were plenty: elaborate arts resources/trips, highly educated teachers, funding for a plethora of extracurriculars, etc. No one school is immune to the woes of high school (be it study-stress, bullies, or something else), but their resources make it forgivable. The investment of all the teachers is very apparent, with plenty and varied honors/AP classes. The campus is beautifully located & is by far the cleanest, most well kept public school I've ever attended. Unfortunately, the negative effects of financial accessibility, like addiction & desensitization, are prevalent in the student body--even the non-affluent students find themselves in an atmosphere catered to confused teens with cash to spare. The school could do more to address this issue before tragedy happens with an overdose death or (another) DUI death.
Carmel High School is well known for its academics and sports. Having been educated there for 4 years now, I can tell you that its academics are insanely good. Lots of the teachers there take academics very serious and they want their students to succeed. The student to teacher ratio is good too, so you can make a relationship with your teacher. Not only are its academics outstanding, but its sports are also incredible. You have amazing coaches who actually care about the sport. You can bond with most of them pretty easily as well. THey school is the best in the county. We have students whose parents wanted them to transfer to this school. Your kid without a doubt will have so much fun here.
I had an exceptional experience and Carmel High! The teachers, curriculum, and the environment promote fun, well-rounded learning. Through the opportunities offered at CHS, I was able to confidently pick a major and a field of study in college. I highly recommend involvement in sports and advanced placement classes.