Carlynton Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Carnegie, PA. It has 629 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Carlynton Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A39 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-25 Students
- B23 Students
- C19 Students
- A+19 Students
- C+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- C+13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Carlynton Junior/Senior High School
- CCarrick High School
- Pittsburgh Public Schools, PA
- 83 reviews
- C+Chartiers-Houston Junior/Senior High School
- Chartiers-Houston School District, PA
- 36 reviews
- B-West Mifflin Area High School
- West Mifflin Area School District, PA
- 120 reviews
- C+Fort Cherry Junior/Senior High School
- Fort Cherry School District, PA
- 35 reviews
Carlynton Junior/Senior High School Reviews
All the students are friendly as long as you're friendly to them. The food could stand to have a bit more variety. Also, the teachers at the school do there best to make sure all students get good grades. They are even willing to stay after school just to help you! The work load is fairly average and easily digestible. With it being such a small school, you tend to grow closer to your classmates which is a great thing.
The teachers at school are extremely knowledgeable and give the student every opportunity to get a better grade. The teachers allow a little fun every now and then but will get serious when need be. They are very consistent in grading and never comment negatively towards students. However, the teachers have trouble communicating at times as it comes across as confusing and out of order.
The school's food isnt that good. Sometimes their food isnt cooked all the way, runs out of food, or isnt hot. The lunch ladies dont really care about the food so they are a mess when they put the food on the plates. Most of the teachers are good and will help you out as long as you participate in class and ask questions when you dont understand something. Although the amount of work they give you is kind of ridiculous. We study for finals and they still give us homework and chapter tests. The students at the school are all fake. There are many different cliques. All of them are judgmental. I wouldnt recommend going here