Carlisle High School is an above average, public school located in Carlisle, IA. It has 627 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Carlisle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A107 Students
- A81 Students
- B-58 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-41 Students
- A36 Students
- B34 Students
- B+19 Students
- B17 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Carlisle High School
- BSoutheast Polk High School
- Southeast Polk Community School District, IA
- 240 reviews
- B+Indianola High School
- Indianola Community School District, IA
- 272 reviews
- BBondurant-Farrar High School
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, IA
- 136 reviews
- B+Urbandale High School
- Urbandale Community School District, IA
- 177 reviews
Carlisle High School Reviews
Going to Carlisle has been the best high school experience I could ask for. It’s the perfect size. The staff at CHS has helped be grow not only as a student, but as a professional in the work field and life in general. The only thing I could ask for is for a longer lunch period!
It wasn't too big a school, which made it easier to get to know my classmates and teachers alike. The school tries their utmost best to help their students succeed academically, despite whether or not their help is received well. They genuinely care for their students wellbeing. However, while they may have good intentions, they don't really take the opinions of the student body as a whole very seriously. They'll listen, but won't act.
Overall Carlisle is decent. It isn’t the worse but it isn’t the best. We have decent academics, but we need more college opportunities for underclassmen. I think they focus too much on tag, which doesn’t accurately reflect all the students that should be in it, as it’s all test scores, which doesn’t 100% portray. Socially we aren’t the best or most accepting, but we aren’t the worst. It’s a predominantly white school.