Carlinville High School
- CARLINVILLE, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Carlinville High School is an above average, public school located in CARLINVILLE, IL. It has 440 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Carlinville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B36 Students
- grade B+34 Students
- grade A+29 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade A minus14 Students
- grade B minus13 Students
- grade A+13 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Carlinville High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Football is very big in our school.33%
- Spirit Week25%
- Basketball and golf17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,126 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Carlinville High School
- grade C+Bunker Hill High School
- Bunker Hill Community Unit School District No. 8, IL
- Rating 3.12 out of 5 34 reviews
- grade B minusLitchfield Senior High School
- Litchfield Community Unit School District No. 12, IL
- Rating 3.34 out of 5 79 reviews
- grade C+Southwestern High School
- Southwestern Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- Rating 3.11 out of 5 92 reviews
- grade BNorthwestern High School
- Northwestern Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- Rating 4 out of 5 12 reviews
Carlinville High School Reviews
Rating 3.54 out of 5 83 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I liked that Carlinville High School's main goal was to implement excellence into each student through their encouraging, yet challenging, academic curriculum that helped to inspire students to further develop emotionally and socially. The teachers and staff consistently demonstrate virtue and integrity to students and without fail, made students feel appreciated and important. If I could change one thing about Carlinville High School, I would change the school's way of advertising to motivate student involvement. Many clubs and sports teams are losing the interest of students, and I believe if there were an organized and improved way to catch the attention of students, interest for extra-curricular clubs and activities would proliferate.
Carlinville High School is a Blue Ribbon School and I have been blessed to experience the education provided by their staff. However, of course, everything could use improvement in certain areas. If Carlinville High School needed improvement, I would suggest possibly doing more to understand the students and what is going on in their lives to ensure a positive high school experience. The teachers are incredible and very reachable!
At Carlinville High School, I have been treated very by students and specially faculty. The best part of this school is it's spirit in sports and other activities. One more thing that Carlinville High School has over other school is duel credit opportunities. Sometimes the duel credits can get student starting as a sophomore in college than a freshman. Also the duel credit save money for students too!