Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Carey High School is an above average, public school located in Carey, OH. It has 485 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Carey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+34 Students
- B26 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-17 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-11 Students
- B-11 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Carey High School
- C+Mohawk High School
- Mohawk Local School District, OH
- 28 reviews
- B-Hopewell-Loudon Local High School
- Hopewell-Loudon Local School District, OH
- 36 reviews
- BNew Riegel High School
- New Riegel Local School District, OH
- 22 reviews
- B-Fostoria Junior/Senior High School
- Fostoria City School District, OH
- 40 reviews
Carey High School Reviews
Carey High School staff and administration truly care about their students. I am comfortable at school because the teachers are always willing to lend a helping hand and most of the students are friendly. Carey High School transitioned into a newly-built building a few years ago, so the atmosphere is tolerable and positive. I am extremely proud to be a Blue Devil and will always be. Go Blue Devils!
Most of the teachers seem to enjoy their job with a few exceptions here and there. Some of the rulings in the school are over the top, but almost all of the administration makes your time there worthwhile.
Very caring staff who care a lot about their student in school and out. Very supportive principal who you can talk to about almost anything, and is very supportive of all clubs and activities. Students may disagree at times, but at the end of the day we are all Blue Devils.