Carey High School is an above average, public school located in Carey, OH. It has 479 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Carey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+31 Students
- B22 Students
- A-17 Students
- B17 Students
- A-13 Students
- B-10 Students
- B-8 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
- A-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Carey High School
- C+Mohawk High School
- Mohawk Local School District, OH
- 27 reviews
- B-Hopewell-Loudon Local High School
- Hopewell-Loudon Local School District, OH
- 36 reviews
- B+New Riegel High School
- New Riegel Local School District, OH
- 22 reviews
- B-Fostoria Junior/Senior High School
- Fostoria City School District, OH
- 39 reviews
Carey High School Reviews
Very caring staff who care a lot about their student in school and out. Very supportive principal who you can talk to about almost anything, and is very supportive of all clubs and activities. Students may disagree at times, but at the end of the day we are all Blue Devils.
I was the 3rd generation to graduate from Carey High School. It is a nice small rural high school, where everyone knows everyone. The teachers were more then willing to work with you when you had a problem.
The only clubs and extracellular activities that get good funding are band, DECA, and FFA. DECA and FFA are highly ranked in the state. DECA is infact the best chapter in Ohio and has qualified for international's since 2002. The rest of the clubs are small and have raise their own money to do activities.