Career Academy High School is an above average, public, charter school located in South Bend, IN. It has 297 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Career Academy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+29 Students
- A24 Students
- C+22 Students
- B+18 Students
- B16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Career Academy High School
- NGRise Up Academy at Eggleston
- South Bend Community School Corporation, IN
- 1 review
- NGBerrien Springs Discovery Academy
- Berrien Springs Public Schools, MI
- C-WAY Academy - Niles Campus
- Niles Community Schools, MI
- B-Brandywine Senior High School
- Brandywine Community Schools, MI
- 21 reviews
Career Academy High School Reviews
Career Academy is a remarkable school. The teachers are understanding, motivating, and extremely intelligent. They push students to succeed and treat them as they're adults in the real world. The staff is kind and efficient. The programs offered have grown over the years, opening professional doors for all students. The classes are in-depth and meaningful to students. Each year, Career Academy has improved in all aspects. Though, it still has more to improve on. College is emphasized when it is too late, leaving students scrambling for help. Additionally, the school is compacted with grades 6 through 12. Thus, teachers share classrooms, and students are dissatisfied with the age gap. Overall, this high school is good.
This is a very good school to get students ready for college, the workforce, or the military. They a very good STEM program, however they put too much focus on their robotics team, so they don't pay much attention to other programs. There isn't much variety in their food selections and some of the food they give us is expired. The school day lasts from 8 am until 4 pm, which is about an hour longer than other schools in the area, but the longer days help student finish their work and ask teachers for help. There are smaller class sizes which is good for some one on one learning, which makes it easier to get help from teachers.
Career Academy is a great school for kids. The teachers are very involved with the kids on their learning. They actually care that the students succeed in life more than the paycheck. If a student doesn’t understand the material they will find ways to explain the material in such a great depth that everyone can understand it. I graduated from the school back in 2017 and as a junior in college I can honestly say that they have prepared me for college. They pushed me to my limits and then helped guide me to go beyond them. I guess you could say they over prepared me for college. If there would be anything that I would change about the school it would be the way you get into the school. There is just too much traffic to drop off and pick up the kids.