Cardinal Newman School is a highly rated, private, alternative, Catholic school located in Columbia, SC. It has 511 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. Tuition is $11,664 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Cardinal Newman School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A105 Students
- A97 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-38 Students
- B+34 Students
- A27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+25 Students
- B16 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Cardinal Newman School Reviews
Overall positive experience. This from a non-catholic Christian point of view. Religion is one of the differences that separates Cardinal Newman from other schools around it. Everyone goes to a full mass service together every week and Theology is a required subject for all grades. It’s a supportive community once you get integrated. Good opportunities for extracurriculars like sports, music, drama, and art. The facilities are practically brand new, with full sports fields, science labs, and a media center. There are a lot of different and unique elective classes available, as well as foreign languages. Teachers are willing to help students if asked, and the student guidance offices are always open to help with both coordinating with teachers and offering help and support through rough times. There will always be teachers and classmates you dislike, but issues can usually be solved if you try hard enough.
Cardinal Newman has prepared me for a better future. It’s helped me grow through its many programs and I’m thankful for the kind faculty and staff that have guided me. At first I didn’t think I’d fit in as a Protestant at a catholic schools. It was quite the opposite. Teachers are open for discussion and encourage constructive debate. If you’re looking for a school that cares more about student’s lives then their GPA you’ve found a good place, while helping us grow in critical thinking skills we’ve also grown in relationship, community, and positivity. We are Cardinal Newman, we stand as one.
Both of my children started Cardinal Newman in 7th grade. One graduated in 2018 and one is a junior this year, so this is our 8th year at the school. Our children have been very happy, and we have been very pleased with the education they have received. The teachers and staff are very caring and always look out for their students. Through the religion, community service, mentoring and more, Cardinal Newman has helped to develop the moral character of my children in addition to their education. We are happy with our decision to send our children to Cardinal Newman and highly recommend it to other families.