Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Capital High School is a public school located in Santa Fe, NM. It has 1,421 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Capital High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B294 Students
- B151 Students
- C+106 Students
- C+70 Students
- A-65 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-43 Students
- A38 Students
- B+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Capital High School Reviews
Graduated Class of 2020, Capital high school offers different programs that expands a students knowledge in careers and experiences. I was part of the Medical Capstone Program allowing to be competitive amongst my peers. They also have a variety of choices of extra curricular activities that connect to the required programs they offer. For example, I was part of HOSA a future health care professional club that was a competitive interaction with students across the state. Overall my student experience academically and school involvement was amazing thankfully to my teachers and peers!
Throughout my high school career at CHS, I have evolved into a successful jag! I am a student-athlete at Capital High. The atmosphere at Capital is very unique, from Spanish to Native to English speaking groups us heard amongst its hallways. Teachers are very nice and the patriotism towards the school is recognized everywhere. Being a Jaguar will always be one of my proudest achievements because this school has given me good memories to look back on. Jaguar Pride is based on how you vision your education beyond the classrooms, teachers, and grades. To focus on a brighter future is a Jaguarś goal!
Capital High School is a school where you are able to freely be yourself, and where others will accept you as you are. There is a great deal of diversity at Capital, ranging from different ethnicities, religions and beliefs. Throughout the entire four years I have been at Capital, I have experienced many exciting and thrilling experiences. I am a part of the medical pathway at Capital, I began the pathway when I was a sophomore at 16 years old. I am currently in the last two courses of the pathway out of five. Throughout the three years of prying my way through this field, I have had tremendous hands on experiences I also participated in Choir and Acapella in the three years of my High school career. Participating in these classes, provided me with the confidence to stand out and let my voice be heard to the audience and judges in competitions. The only thing I would have liked to change is the amount of space allocated for lunch, also a proper training of new teachers.