Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Capital Community College Magnet Academy is a public, magnet school located in Hartford, CT. It has 11 students in grade 12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1.
Capital Community College Magnet Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A14 Students
- B10 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-5 Students
- C+5 Students
- C+4 Students
- B4 Students
- B4 Students
- B4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Capital Community College Magnet Academy Reviews
It is pretty good. There are some great Professors. They made it really difficult to pay for my classes though due to the Covid 19. I tried to set up appointments as the deadline was approaching with risk of being unenrolled and it was very difficult because of lack of communication. Some people said to call a number, then it was wrong then I was told that you can only do so through email and people were not responding I just went down there nd then they did not want to let me in. The guard lies and said no one was in there. eventually they let me in and I could pay. I have never met so much difficulty when I had the good intention of paying.
As a new student to the academy I'd say that my time here so far has been a mixed bag although I'd lean towards a more positive experience as opposed to a negative one. For starters most of the teachers I've experienced have really seemed to care about their students and have taught me a great deal of things. Of course there are teachers that are lacking but I feel as if that is common at most schools. Most advisors are fairly competent and will do what they can to help you but periods of asking for advice only to have been given information that either doesn't help me or periods of radio silence. I've heard of a friend being mugged in the area but so far I haven't seen or experienced anything too concerning when it comes to security.
The application process is very easy and registering for classes is also not complicated at all. The Registrar office is very friendly and the professors reach out to you constantly to keep you updated on class changes, homework, and any up coming projects.