Cape Henlopen High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lewes, DE. It has 1,406 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Cape Henlopen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A399 Students
- A+111 Students
- B-96 Students
- B71 Students
- A70 Students
- A-64 Students
- C-62 Students
- A57 Students
- B+51 Students
- C+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Cape Henlopen High School
Cape Henlopen High School Reviews
Everyone is nice, and I didn't experience any bullying. They offer a variety of subjects and classes, and also allow students to start a new extra-curricular club if they are interested in doing so. Cape also offers the iPad initiative, where every student gets a school issues iPad, and teachers are encouraged to have most work through the iPad, rather than on paper, which has worked great for me.
Cape Henlopen HS has the benefits of being a well-endowed school in a wealthy resort area. Its facilities are about as modern as a public school's could be, especially for athletics. That is one of Cape's biggest problems, actually--so much emphasis is placed on school sports that more academically- and artistically-inclined students often feel forgotten. It's a shame because the Cape theater department is nationally recognized, as well as a number of academic student organizations. However, that is not to say that Cape has nothing to offer advanced students; there are many Honors and AP classes covering a broad range of subjects and three different second language options. As an academically-inclined, sports-averse student, I was never quite satisfied with my experience at this school, but after taking full advantage of the curriculum I do feel pretty prepared for college.
I loved the social and diverse environment of Cape Henlopen High School! There are so many clubs and organizations available for students to join and even lead! The teachers are supportive and willing to spend time with individuals seeking for help.