Cape Fear Academy is a top rated, private school located in Wilmington, NC. It has 652 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. Tuition is $18,850 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Cape Fear Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+73 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+30 Students
- A28 Students
- A+26 Students
- B+25 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+22 Students
- B+20 Students
- A+19 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Cape Fear Academy Reviews
Cape Fear Academy has done an amazing job educating our children and their ability to shift to remote learning so quickly and effectively is just one more example of how great their teachers are! The continued focus on the whole child and their well being, not just academics, throughout what feels like a never ending pandemic is impressive. I can't say enough great things about this school!
I loved the theatre department; NCTC and the musicals were definitely highlights of my high school experience. The school was very clique-ish. Most of the students lived in the same neighborhood and knew each other from childhood, so for those who are just entering as a high school student it may be hard to make bonds. The academics were great! I felt fully prepared for college. CFA taught us how to manage our time with flex days and the work load while participating in extracurriculars in and outside of school. Cape Fear also emphasized community service which is important always but especially once you graduate.
Outstanding academics and engaged faculty! Cape Fear Academy is a nurturing environment while also having a high standard of excellence in academics. The athletics and the arts are also above and beyond its competitors and offers the balance of being able to participate while also being competitive.