Cape Elizabeth High School is a top rated, public school located in Cape Elizabeth, ME. It has 541 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Cape Elizabeth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+58 Students
- A+57 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Cape Elizabeth High School
- A+Yarmouth High School
- Yarmouth Schools, ME
- 124 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 143 reviews
- AScarborough High School
- Scarborough School Department, ME
- 168 reviews
- A+Falmouth High School
- Falmouth School Department, ME
- 70 reviews
Cape Elizabeth High School Reviews
Both of my parents and all of their siblings went to CEHS, and my brother, my cousins, and I followed. For my personal experience, CEHS has been a great high school experience, despite all the stereotypes about my town. It’s a gorgeous, coastal town with lots of big houses, so you’d assume that all the kids are stuck-up, rich, spoiled brats, but everyone is friendly and kind!
The Cape school system has a reputation for being full of stuck up rich kids, but, in my experience, for the most part, the students here are very friendly and kind. The staff care about student success and will go out of their way to help them succeed. While the the class work is difficult there are many resources available to help students in need.
Cape Elizabeth High School is a small and friendly school environment that has great teachers who will go out of there way to find a way to help every students personal need so they can succeed. As well as a high education standard Cape Elizabeth High School even though it is quite small is know for having excellent extra circular opportunities for students to take part in. From the amazing and competitive (that have had several state game appearances this year alone) to the highly regarded music and drama programs Cape Elizabeth is an amazing High School that provides students with everything they could want and helps them prepare for future success.