Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+157 Students
- B+151 Students
- A+127 Students
- A-89 Students
- B86 Students
- B+54 Students
- A50 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-43 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Canyon High School Reviews
Review Canyon High School
Canyon high school is an interesting places. The best parts about the school are amazing, but the worst parts are impossible to overlook. The teachers who truly care about the students end up teaching them much more than just their respective subjects. Unfortunately, there are many teachers, usually coaches, who do not care about their learning environments. The administration does a decent job of corralling the overabundance of students through the day. These same administrators are often second fiddle to the whim of the parents though, and this can lead to some contradictory rules enforcement's.
I came to Canyon High School in the 9th grade from another state, and was very much welcomed into the environment. I was very shy and nervous about this school because it was so much bigger than I was used to, thousands here versus hundreds at my old school. Students there helped me to find my way around and helped me to become the person I am today!
What I enjoyed about Canyon High School was the abundance of extracurricular activities that are offered to students. The sports teams, academic clubs, etc. allowed kids to get involved and view Canyon as a second home. The faculty was incredible and always had the students best interest in mind. You could tell how much the students respected the teachers and administrators. What I would love to see change is the approach to teaching. Many teachers are now teaching to the exams, because their goal is for each student to pass and progress to the next grade; however with this goal, kids aren't learning how they should. It is very important to have outstanding passing rates on standardized tests, but this is preparing students for a whole future of education, not just the mandatory exam at the end of the school year.