Canton Preparatory High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Canton, MI. It has 349 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Canton Preparatory High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A42 Students
- A+35 Students
- B-34 Students
- B+33 Students
- B+24 Students
- B+24 Students
- B21 Students
- A14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Canton Preparatory High School Reviews
After years of constantly switching between "good" and "bad" schools, I can definitely assure that Canton Prep is a breath of fresh air. What's most notable about the school is that the teachers genuinely care for their students - they'll go out of their way to assist students in their studies. Additionally, Canton Prep offers free tutoring three days a week for anyone wanting to join, which is incredibly helpful for all. The school also provides each student with a laptop, where a variety resources can be accessed, including referential text, Google Classroom and similar online class programs, etc. Although, as a student, I tend to find certain rules a bit "over-the-top", what I love the most about the school is the compassionate culture nurtured by its down-to-earth teachers and staff, which I believe benefits everyone!
I am currently a student at Canton Preparatory high school and have enjoyed my time there. The academic opportunities are fantastic, with numerous AP classes offered and at least two required to graduate. The school is heavily focused on college acceptance and readiness and is therefore not for students exploring other avenues. There have been some pretty serious issues with the administration and teacher turn over, but every school has their problems. This is a fantastic school to get your child into a good college, but they lack consistancy.
Canton Preparatory High School is a truly unique school that contains a diverse culture, outstanding academics, and passionate teachers. The academic curriculum is such that every student is required to put forth all their effort to ensure that each child is prepped for college. Not only that, but to motivate the students, multiple fun activities and events are hosted, prizes and gifts are constantly awarded, and numerous ceremonies to recognize the students" efforts are hosted. To ensure that each child is reaching his/her fullest potential, tutoring is held three days a week, and the Standards Based Grading curriculum provides students multiple chances to bring their grades up. Also, the school's many rigorous AP classes allow for students to decide between a harder course, or a regular class with SBG grading. In essence, it is a school for everyone to love.