Canton High School is a public school located in Canton, SD. It has 271 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Canton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B37 Students
- B+32 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B-12 Students
- A-10 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
- A-7 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Canton High School
- B-Tea Area High School
- Tea Area School District, SD
- 46 reviews
- BRock Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Valley Community School District, IA
- 49 reviews
- B+West Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- B-Lennox High School
- Lennox School District, SD
- 25 reviews
Canton High School Reviews
Personally I would feel safer if I knew we had a few trained teachers that were trained and armed. I also think we need to take our terrorism drills more seriously. Most people know we have moved beyond locking the door,staying quiet, and shutting the lights off. I personally think we need to teach all students a 3 part safety system in the event of an emergency. Yes, locking the door and staying quiet is important, but two more steps should be discussed and instilled in all students. The second teaching step in an updated drill should be barricading the door. The last step that a classroom community should discuss should be bonding together and attacking at last resort if an attack happened in your classroom.
The teachers were very good! The Principle was not a very good person and did not stick to the student handbook when it came to deciding rules and punishments.
My teachers have exceeded their paycheck when it comes time to investment time in their students. If it was not for my English, Journalism, and History teachers passion and care for their subject matters, I would not be the passionate student I am in regards to my future. I have to say that it is my teachers that propelled me in the confident young woman that I am today and hope to be in the future. I can make a difference and that truly is because of the love of my teachers.