Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Canton High School is a public school located in Canton, SD. It has 244 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Canton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B49 Students
- B+41 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Canton High School
- B-Tea Area High School
- Tea Area School District, SD
- 51 reviews
- BRock Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Valley Community School District, IA
- 50 reviews
- B+West Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- B-Lennox High School
- Lennox School District, SD
- 25 reviews
Canton High School Reviews
I love this school. It’s a small town with a small school. The high school (grades 9-12) has roughly 300 total students. Not only do you get to know your classmates, but you get to know the whole student body too. Plus you get to personally know all your teachers and the staff here at CHS. The school just built its first ever performing arts center and its amazing! We are well known for our arts and wrestling programs.
Canton High School has been an overall great experience. The small size of the school ensures that anybody can have easy access to the teacher's attention when needed. Also due to its small size almost everyone in the school has some idea of who everyone else is, so nobody feels like a stranger. If changes were able to be made to the school, my suggestion would be to increase the amount of security when it comes to kids having drugs or illegal substances on campus. It is not a huge problem, but it certainly does not make our school look the best compared to others.
The environment is so positive and welcoming, it is a place where you know everyone and everyone knows you. It is perfect for a small town and is complete with a brand new performing arts center. The teachers are very helpful and are always willing to stay late to help you with anything you are struggling with.