Canton High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Canton, MI. It has 2,050 students in grades PK, 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Canton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+275 Students
- A+199 Students
- B-167 Students
- B+167 Students
- B+125 Students
- B+110 Students
- C+108 Students
- B+105 Students
- B+100 Students
- B54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Canton High School
- ASalem High School
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools, MI
- 264 reviews
- B+Crestwood High School
- Crestwood School District, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 370 reviews
- A+Wylie E. Groves High School
- Birmingham Public Schools, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 199 reviews
- A+Novi High School
- Novi Community School District, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 386 reviews
Canton High School Reviews
Canton High School is a very unique place. It combines with Plymouth High School and Salem High School to make what we call PCEP. Here at Plymouth Canton Educational Park (PCEP) we learn as one. Students transfers between the schools for different classes. Thus allowing each student to participate in any class they choose. Having three schools combine into one allows for a lot of diversity. You are able to meet new people everyday. This also allows for a bunch of clubs. If you are looking for a certain club, PCEP has it. If they don't, you are allowed to create your own club! The best part is that each school encourages each other. No matter if it's academics or sports, the schools work together as one. Not only has the education provided prepared me for college, but the walking between schools has too. There are at least 3 police always on campus and many security guards allowing for you to feel safe and secure always.
I loved Canton High School. The staff are very friendly and the principal is kind and energetic. The school has a welcoming and diverse environment and you fit right in with the student body. The students are very eclectic and everyone is sociable. If you ever feel lost or need help, the Canton counseling staff are inviting and willing to assist you in any way you need. You never feel isolated at the school because there are so many sports and clubs that the administrators and students urge everyone to try. The classes that are offered are top-notch, such as Educational Foundations for future teachers and numerous AP classes available for college preparation. Also, throughout the four years, the counselors make it their priority that every student is comfortable with their transition into high school and later into college. It is a wonderful high school and gives so many opportunities to aspiring students.
It is an amazing school! The best part is definitely the teachers, they are extremely caring and will do anything to make sure that each student is happy. The education system is also top notch, they push us to succeed and prep us for college success from freshmen year!