Canton High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Canton, MI. It has 1,984 students in grades PK, 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A328 Students
- A+244 Students
- B+205 Students
- B-202 Students
- B+152 Students
- B+138 Students
- B+126 Students
- C+125 Students
- B120 Students
- B69 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 87 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Canton High School
- ASalem High School
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools, MI
- 276 reviews
- BCrestwood High School
- Crestwood School District, MI
- PK, 8-12
- 377 reviews
- A+Wylie E. Groves High School
- Birmingham Public Schools, MI
- PK, 7-12
- 206 reviews
- A+Novi High School
- Novi Community School District, MI
- PK, 8-12
- 397 reviews
Canton High School Reviews
Canton High School is a very unique place. It combines with Plymouth High School and Salem High School to make what we call PCEP. Here at Plymouth Canton Educational Park (PCEP) we learn as one. Students transfers between the schools for different classes. Thus allowing each student to participate in any class they choose. Having three schools combine into one allows for a lot of diversity. You are able to meet new people everyday. This also allows for a bunch of clubs. If you are looking for a certain club, PCEP has it. If they don't, you are allowed to create your own club! The best part is that each school encourages each other. No matter if it's academics or sports, the schools work together as one. Not only has the education provided prepared me for college, but the walking between schools has too. There are at least 3 police always on campus and many security guards allowing for you to feel safe and secure always.
With Canton High School, there are many opportunities available. Whether through the amount and variety of classes or activities, the school is very broad in compiling interests. The school is quite diverse in race and personalities. While in the hallways, you can see kids with music playing through speakers attached to their bags, students talking to each other, the security guards and teachers. The only complaint I have is that the district outsources most of the janitorial staff. Therefore, the floors tend to get super dirty in the classrooms and hallways. The teachers have to put in a request and wait awhile for their rooms to be cleaned. Ants have a tendency to appear in classrooms due to the lack of floor cleanliness.
I love the variety of classes that are available to each student. There are levels of difficulty in each subject, and there are courses like Creative Foods and Sports Statistics that other schools don't offer. What I found lacking in this high school is that amount of personal support that the administration gives to each student. With so many students, I understand that it's difficult to keep track of each one, but it would have been a much smoother high school experience if the counselors and the principals played a bigger role in course selection and college preparation.