Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Canton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Canton, MA. It has 968 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Canton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A210 Students
- A+118 Students
- A+115 Students
- A+104 Students
- A-93 Students
- A76 Students
- B76 Students
- B71 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Canton High School Reviews
I really enjoy being a part of the community at Canton High School. I played football and lacrosse, the sports programs have been my favorite part about High School. The coaches truly care and have helped keep me motivated on the field as well as academically. So much diversity and clubs, everyone finds a home at Canton High. I have made great relationships with some of the best teachers. Always setting aside time to help students out. The faculty and students are very supportive of each other. Helping one another out and cheering each other on at the games, whether it’s football, hockey, lacrosse, baseball or field hockey. I will truly miss it when I graduate.
Some departments were severely lacking good teachers, however there were a few that really got me through my high school experience. The guidance department was not very helpful, especially through the college application process. Academically, the school was fairly strong but had a severe lack of funding in the arts department.
I had such a wonderful experience at Canton High School. I felt very supported by the majority of my teachers and made very strong connections with them. Sports and performing arts get similar attention(I was a member of both). The math and robotics teams are still forgotten about despite their great success. Our principal does his best, and makes every club and team feel welcome and supported. There is definitely some diversity here but the minorities unfortunately get often overlooked. I wish we had a little more school spirit. I felt as though I had so much opportunity here and I could accomplish anything I put my mind to. I had amazing friends, teachers, and experiences and will miss CHS very much.