Canton High School is a public school located in Canton, IL. It has 726 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Canton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+75 Students
- B+61 Students
- B+46 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+30 Students
- B18 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B11 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Canton High School
- C+Lewistown High School
- Lewistown Community Unit School District No. 97, IL
- 46 reviews
- B-Illini Bluffs High School
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District No. 327, IL
- 30 reviews
- B-Farmington Central High School
- Farmington Central Community Unit School District No. 265, IL
- 48 reviews
- B-Midwest Central High School
- Midwest Central Community Unit School District No. 191, IL
- 38 reviews
Canton High School Reviews
As a alumni of Canton High School there are many different things I look back at now that prepared me for my future endeavors. One of the many things I enjoyed at Canton High School was the amount of options we had wether it be with classes, sports or even clubs we had such a wide variety. Another thing that stuck out to me at Canton was the fact that the teachers were always so supportive and ready to help you. One thing I was that they would change would be college preparation. I believe that I was academically ready for college after leaving highschool, but everything outside of of academics I believe I had less knowledge about and wish that was one thing that could change for future students.
I always loved going to school. I would like to see more diverse clubs and more support to start new clubs. The teachers need to be more willing to help with college in order for students to succeed. I love Canton and the community support the schools will have. I will always be a Little Giant.
The administration is not afraid to punish someone if they get in trouble, however not everyone who gets in trouble deserves it. Many times its for very minor dress code infractions (wearing shorts that are too short by an inch, tank tops are two fingers across instead of three, etc.), instead of the much more prominent issue of the presence of drugs or alcohol. There have been multiple times where people have been taken out on stretchers because they took some kind of drug that their body couldn't handle. However, I never saw people getting in trouble for drugs and drug sniffing dogs were only brought in about once a year.