Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Canton High School is a public school located in Canton, IL. It has 678 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Canton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+89 Students
- B66 Students
- B+62 Students
- B59 Students
- A+45 Students
- B23 Students
- A17 Students
- A-16 Students
- C+13 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Canton High School
- C+Lewistown Junior/Senior High School
- Lewistown Community Unit School District No. 97, IL
- 49 reviews
- B-Illini Bluffs High School
- Illini Bluffs Community Unit School District No. 327, IL
- 32 reviews
- C+Farmington Central High School
- Farmington Central Community Unit School District No. 265, IL
- 55 reviews
- B-Midwest Central High School
- Midwest Central Community Unit School District No. 191, IL
- 40 reviews
Canton High School Reviews
It was a very great experience overall! There are many extracurricular activities for everyone to be involved in whether it is a sport or a club. Teachers did a great job of helping students with academics and getting to know them. Prepared for college by offering college level classes and more.
I would like to see a better college path. I feel as though Canton High School did not prepare me very well for college. I feel like advisers and administration should do more to help the students prepare for college. If you want to go into agriculture or a trade of sorts, then the high school is great. However, it does not do much for the kids who do not wish to pursue jobs that can be found in a small town. When I got to college, I had no idea there were so many different areas of studies with all sorts of different specifications because CHS didn't give me the tools to explore different paths of life
Canton High School has been trying to change a lot in the past few years. Depending on what kind of student you are, you will all have a different experience. The school does try to make sure that everyone is okay and helps out. One thing they have done very good at is making sure that kids who have less, get more. They have started a food pantry and giving out food bags, even during COVID-19.