Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Canton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Canton, CT. It has 483 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Canton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A110 Students
- B-39 Students
- B38 Students
- A31 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+27 Students
- B26 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Canton High School
- B+Litchfield High School
- Litchfield Public Schools, CT
- 79 reviews
- A-Granby Memorial High School
- Granby School District, CT
- 128 reviews
- A-Suffield High School
- Suffield School District, CT
- 135 reviews
- A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 250 reviews
Canton High School Reviews
I am now at Goodwin College but I have not forgotten about where I went to high school. Canton High School was a very good experience for me. All the teachers there are understanding and care about what the future holds for all of their students. There are many after school activities that you can be a part of and really benefit from. When I went there I was president of the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America club while having a part time job and keeping my grades up and I appreciated the ability for the school to start and set up adult responsibility because in the long run it helped me into the adult I am today. I was also lucky to be part of the band which really became a second family as we would spend all 4 years of high school together with the same teacher. Overall, I appreciate what Canton High School has done for me and setting me up to become the Certified nurses assistant , Medical assistant and soon to be Nurse I am today.
Canton High School is very good at preparing students for college and AP exams. Students work hard, which pays off and makes it clear that all of the work they put in was done for a reason. However, as a Canton High School student, I can also say that many students are very overworked. Students who choose to take honors and AP level class sometimes have over two hours of homework a night per class, which makes it so that they have no time to take a break or to relax. Also, at Canton High School, the friends that you make are often the friends you will stay with throughout the four years in high school. People often stay in their friend groups and they do not really try to talk to everyone and be friiends with everyone.
Canton High School is a very small school, with a population of merely 500 students. This however benefits the school's life in many ways. Sports, clubs, and even classes are extremely connected, being that the students have grown up together and know everyone very well. Besides the school size, Canton's academics are very strong and push students to strive for academic excellence beyond the classroom.