Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Canon-McMillan Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Canonsburg, PA. It has 1,662 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Canon-McMillan Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A262 Students
- A+223 Students
- A-174 Students
- B-145 Students
- B131 Students
- A+108 Students
- B-106 Students
- A+85 Students
- B81 Students
- B-80 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Schools like Canon-McMillan Senior High School
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 238 reviews
- A-Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 77 reviews
- BWest Allegheny Senior High School
- West Allegheny School District, PA
- 262 reviews
- BKeystone Oaks High School
- Keystone Oaks School District, PA
- 109 reviews
Canon-McMillan Senior High School Reviews
Canon-McMillan High school excels in offering unique classes and an overall impressive academic experience for many. Our school offers a phenomenal special education program. However, I am disappointed in their continuous failure to stand up for the students who need it most. They preach a zero-tolerance policy for hate, but time and time again they allow homophobia and racism to thrive within our school, creating a toxic atmosphere for many minorities.
The school has a wide array of courses ranging from general to AP, with nearly all of the teachers being exceptional at their job. All of the staff members are willing to help students, whether it be academics or life problems. There is an excessive amount of clubs, but it allows every student to find a group they can connect with. Our sports teams train very hard, as evidenced by our many state titles. Our principal is very passionate about the arts. We have been able to make many beautiful things because of his generosity. With our many AP classes, it is easy for students to get the college experience all four years of high school. By the time they get to college, they know what to expect. Every day, there are a half-dozen cops patrolling the building to make every student feels safe. We run through safety drills on the regular to ensure that, we will be prepared. While the food may be questionable and the facilities may smell bad, it is a great place to go to school.
I have been a student at Canon-McMillian Senior High School for almost a full four years and I will only leave with positives towards the school. Our teachers are extremely educated, our administration cares about how their students view certain decisions, and our school lunches have stepped up their game!! It will be an honor to become a Canon Mac Alumni.