Canon-McMillan Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Canonsburg, PA. It has 1,571 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Canon-McMillan Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A229 Students
- A+192 Students
- A-148 Students
- B-123 Students
- B116 Students
- B-88 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+76 Students
- C+72 Students
- B+67 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Schools like Canon-McMillan Senior High School
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- A-Avonworth High School
- Avonworth School District, PA
- 70 reviews
- B+West Allegheny Senior High School
- West Allegheny School District, PA
- 252 reviews
- BKeystone Oaks High School
- Keystone Oaks School District, PA
- 106 reviews
Canon-McMillan Senior High School Reviews
Canon-McMillan High School is a pretty good school, all the staff cares about the students, and most are pretty well-educated and good at their jobs. They should get paid more because it's hard to see some extremely intelligent people get paid the same as a restaurant manager. All conflicts are dealt with fairly quickly. The staff is the right amount of strict and the students are mostly alright, although some are prejudiced.
Canon-McMillan is a pretty good public school. It has a variety of people between lower class, middle class, and upper class. If I were to change one thing, it would be better distribution of courses to more qualified teachers.
I liked how the teachers are very accommodating if we were to forget to do an assignment or homework. In addition, most of the teachers are always willing to take time out of their day to help if we had a question. I would not change anything regarding the education system.