Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Canon City High School is a public school located in Canon City, CO. It has 1,010 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Canon City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-173 Students
- A-120 Students
- B120 Students
- B-104 Students
- C+91 Students
- B-81 Students
- C79 Students
- A-74 Students
- A-64 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Canon City High School Reviews
Although CCHS is working on improvements, it has room to grow with academic standards, and in implementing respect. The kids often back talk teachers, and can be a difficult environment. There are certain teachers that stand out however in their dedication, and that is always fun to see. The musical department is amazing! Lunches are gaining in good food too. At graduation there is not a validvictorian, just graduating with honors. This school was one I had to adjust to, but after a couple years you’re grateful for the education and opportunities as well.
Canon City High School is a great school in a smaller community, with a lot of support from it. In addition, there is something for everyone. From show choir to mountain biking club. There are great teachers, and people who truly care for you!
Canon City High School is, in my opinion, a fantastic high school. For a small town, CCHS offers amazing opportunities, just a few being our athletics, music program, and concurrent enrollment. The student body is kind and has lots of school pride. The staff truly cares about the students, and I've absolutely loved almost all of my teachers. It's mostly an older building, but the administration is constantly working to make improvements and renovations. My time at CCHS has been amazing.