Cannon County High School is a public school located in Woodbury, TN. It has 583 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B85 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+51 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+15 Students
- C+13 Students
- B12 Students
- C11 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Cannon County High School Reviews
There have been many things that have changed in my time at Cannon County. For one we changed principles, and for that, I'm truly grateful. There are a few things I would change but one of them is the academic opportunities. While they have gotten better, I believe that the range of classes could increase. I know that I'm not the first person to be bored to death in class, but I was bored because of the material. Some of the best things about Cannon County include The Hub (coffee shop), the principle, and the staff. Everyone of the staff makes you feel included and welcomed.
As a four-year, full-time student of Cannon County High school, the everyday that I have gone through have been hectic, dreadfull, and all around time consuming. With that being said, the experiences that I've developed here wouldn't be traded for anything in the world. This so called "prison" of a school has impacted my life in a number of ways. It's where I developed my character, expanded my social and intelligence skills, and joined a family consisting of a multitude of fellow students who would have my back in any scenario. Not only fellow students, but the teachers here have been amazingly supportive and trustworthy. With this, I believe that Cannon County is where a students character development will thrive.
The teachers do not discipline or teach the students. The students are allowed to do whatever they want, and the teachers give them passing grades even when they don't deserve them. The school is incredibly dirty. I have never seen the nurse working, and the guidance counselors do a horrible job. They take a very long time to do anything. Not to mention they are very rude. Speaking of rude, the woman at the front desk does not do her job. She is always talking to someone, and when you say something she ignores you. However, they do provide chromebooks for a small fee. The chromebooks help students do the little work they are assigned to do. They are able to take these home in case they ever get homework.