Canisius High School is a top rated, private, all-boys, Catholic school located in Buffalo, NY. It has 830 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. Tuition is $13,833 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Canisius High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A105 Students
- B-84 Students
- A-65 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+58 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A49 Students
- A-45 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Canisius High School Reviews
A school that encourages independence and accountability. Students are well rounded and consistently strive to support each other. Bad representation of the school through bad behavior comes with a cost that many times includes being asked to leave permanently. This includes behavior outside of school / parties/athletic events/drinking / fighting and more. Also ..”dress down “ days are few and far between ( not true for many private schools). ..and the uniform consists of dress shirt and pants with belt , tie and appropriate footwear. My son is a Junior and I am happy with the education he is receiving and know he will not struggle in the least at the college level.
I have never felt unsafe at Canisius. There is very little bullying, and most people are pretty accepting of other economic backgrounds and ethnicities. The workload can be challenging. There is not a lot of time to do homework during the day. The course selection is lacking. The service and retreat programs are life changing, and one of the highlights of Canisius. There are a lot of extracurricular activities and most students are very involved. Although our school has very advanced tech, like iPads and drones, the tech department is very unhelpful. The campus is beautiful. Most of the teachers are fantastic, although there are a few not so great ones. The sports programs are the best in WNY. Even if you are not involved in a sport, you can still have in the Blue Crew. One of the most memorable moments from my time, was going to the CHS Joe's football game. Finally, there is a strong sense of community and brotherhood at Canisius that you won't be able to find anywhere else.
My experience was outstanding. I have grown spiritually, academically, athletically, and socially. I found a brotherhood at Canisius and I have obtained skills that I will use throughout my life.