Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
Canisius High School is a top rated, private, all-boys, Catholic school located in Buffalo, NY. It has 830 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. Tuition is $13,833 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Canisius High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-122 Students
- B-101 Students
- A84 Students
- A+77 Students
- B+64 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+61 Students
- A56 Students
- A-50 Students
- A-47 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Canisius High School Reviews
Cannot rate this school highly enough. my son transferred in after his sophomore year. The school at large, teachers, admin, students alike all welcomed him with open arms and really made him feel like part of the brotherhood immediately. He was an athlete and honor roll student. he is now playing D1 collegiate athletics and feels very confident going into it because of the preparation both in the classroom and on the field, that canisius provided. As a parent I really appreciate the feeling of family that this wonderful place provides. My wife and I consider ourselves honored that we had the privilege to send our son there.
Canisius has a brotherhood quality that you do not see at other schools, and along with having excellent academics, the school has retreat and service programs that really help each individual discover himself. One thing that I would change would be to lower tuition because that would allow more people to attend which would increase selectivity and improve academic competitiveness.
This school completely changed me from the time that I began school there to when I graduated. The brotherhood is the greatest part about this school and all of the teachers really care about your success. Yes, the school can be very strict, but it really was the best decision I have ever made. The emphasis on service is really amazing, I had the opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic to serve the people there. You will not regret attending this school.