Canisius High School is a top rated, private, all-boys, Catholic school located in Buffalo, NY. It has 830 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. Tuition is $13,833 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Canisius High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-111 Students
- B-90 Students
- A-77 Students
- A+72 Students
- B+61 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+57 Students
- A52 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Canisius High School Reviews
Canisius has a brotherhood quality that you do not see at other schools, and along with having excellent academics, the school has retreat and service programs that really help each individual discover himself. One thing that I would change would be to lower tuition because that would allow more people to attend which would increase selectivity and improve academic competitiveness.
Our son is a recent graduate of Canisius High School. His experience was extremely positive. We considered the academics to be rigorous, but our son remained enthusiastic about school throughout his four years. Most pleasing of all to us, was his self development and awareness of taking care of others in his his family, school, and community. We feel our son received a very well rounded education at Canisius and is well prepared for success in college and beyond.
A school that encourages independence and accountability. Students are well rounded and consistently strive to support each other. Bad representation of the school through bad behavior comes with a cost that many times includes being asked to leave permanently. This includes behavior outside of school / parties/athletic events/drinking / fighting and more. Also ..”dress down “ days are few and far between ( not true for many private schools). ..and the uniform consists of dress shirt and pants with belt , tie and appropriate footwear. My son is a Junior and I am happy with the education he is receiving and know he will not struggle in the least at the college level.