Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Caney Valley High School is a public school located in Caney, KS. It has 361 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Caney Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-35 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-29 Students
- A22 Students
- B-21 Students
- A-19 Students
- C+14 Students
- B11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Caney Valley High School
- B-Sedan High School
- Chautauqua County Community Unified School District, KS
- 18 reviews
- C+Field Kindley High School
- Coffeyville Unified School District, KS
- 32 reviews
- CDewey High School
- Dewey Public Schools, OK
- 51 reviews
- B-South Coffeyville High School
- South Coffeyville Public Schools, OK
- 12 reviews
Caney Valley High School Reviews
It’s an extremely small school that is limited in its extra curriculars and class choices. Also, the students are behind those of other schools in their work and classes as well as on standardized testing such as the ACT. It lacks in many college preparatory classes such as calculus. The building was also not built as a long term school and therefore seems to be constantly undergoing new renovations. I would not recommend this school to anyone who plans to go to a middle or top tier university or play sports past division 2.
My experience at Caney Valley High was a short two years. I moved to Caney from a rival school my junior year of high school and graduated from Caney my senior year. Caney Valley treated me as one of their own. The staff at Caney Valley High are a different breed of people, they love each and every one of their students. I decided to further my education at Coffeyville Community College and Caney teaching staff has successfully prepared me for the challenging, yet rewarding experience that college brings. Not only do they have excellent teachers, Caney also has many diverse excellent extracurricular activities and phenomenal coaches. My only complaint is the school lunches as they were sub-par to say the least. Overall, my time at Caney Valley, although short, was a great experience and it makes me wish I had gone to school there since kindergarten.
I believe our school district deffinantly stands out from all the rest. At our school, the student body is more of a family. We stand up and look out for one another. The staff at Caney Valley is also highly qualified and take their jobs seriously. All of the teachers are there to help any student who needs assistance and to push us to our limits. Our school has changed for the better over the last few years with new teachers and staff. This has been a great thing for our school with more discipline and less distractions for classrooms.