Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Candor Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Candor, NY. It has 353 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Candor Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C17 Students
- B-12 Students
- C+11 Students
- A-9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-8 Students
- C+8 Students
- A7 Students
- A+6 Students
- A+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Candor Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Candor Junior/Senior High School
- BNewfield Senior High School
- Newfield Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- BTioga Senior High School
- Tioga Central School District, NY
- 18 reviews
- B-Lehman Alternative Community School
- Ithaca City School District, NY
- 10 reviews
- BSpencer-Van Etten High School
- Spencer-Van Etten Central School District, NY
- 83 reviews
Candor Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Candor has mostly great staff. In terms of academics, I have always had the opportunity to get college credit. I will be getting about 45 college credits from a community college located nearby in Binghamton, so they will transfer to most all schools. It is a very small school, so the classes that they offer on-site are quite limited. They do, however, try to compensate this by offering a plethora of online college courses. I definitely prefer classes that are in-person, so this was not very beneficial to me, but I do know many people who have found this system to work very well for them. The student body is quite narrow-minded, but I think that this has a lot to do with the area in itself, not the teachers.
I like this school very much. Teachers here respect their students and always ready to help. They like joking very much too. Students here are very active. Besides having good grades,they volunteer ,take part in different extracurricular activities and are deeply involved in the local community.
A few excellent teachers mean that the academically-ambitious can get attention and training. For everyone else, this is probably your average rural farm town school, with little hope or enthusiasm to be had anywhere other than the local football field.