Canastota High School is a public school located in Canastota, NY. It has 646 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A29 Students
- C22 Students
- B20 Students
- A-20 Students
- C20 Students
- C+18 Students
- A-15 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Canastota High School
- B-Oneida Senior High School
- Oneida City School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- C+Morrisville Middle/High School
- Morrisville-Eaton Central School District, NY
- 30 reviews
- B+Chittenango High School
- Chittenango Central School District, NY
- 74 reviews
- CMadison Central School
- Madison Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 12 reviews
Canastota High School Reviews
Lived in Canastota for my entire life, and a overall, a very family oriented place. It always comes up with new opportunities for it's students and has a multitude of resources. Teachers for the most part support your journey and success as a student. Class size is I would say average, and the clubs and culture of the school are pretty good. I would say personally the Canastota was a good place to go to get an education. Go Raiders!
Overall my high school experience at Canastota High School was pretty good. I liked that even for the people that are not super athletic there are still extracurriculars you can participate in. There are many clubs and sports that any student could participate in. I cannot personally think of anything right off the top of my head that I would change.
The students don't care, and the parents don't care. Teachers are often blamed for what students do poorly in. Teachers are disrespected for teaching what college professors would expect. Many students don't respect the college like polices teachers have. Quality of respect for themselves is low among students. Respect in general is low.