Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepNG
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Canaseraga School is a public school located in Canaseraga, NY. It has 238 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Canaseraga School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-7 Students
- B3 Students
- B-3 Students
- B2 Students
- B2 Students
- C+2 Students
- A+2 Students
- A+1 Student
- B-1 Student
- A-1 Student
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Canaseraga School
Schools like Canaseraga School
- B-Arkport Central School
- Arkport Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 23 reviews
- B-Hornell Senior High School
- Hornell City School District, NY
- 28 reviews
- B-Dansville High School
- Dansville Central School District, NY
- 85 reviews
- B-Canisteo-Greenwood High School
- Canisteo-Greenwood Central School District, NY
- 11 reviews
Canaseraga School Reviews
This school district has a difficult task on hand because it falls in the poorest county in the state and on top of that it is located in a very small town. The learning opportunities for the children are severely limited and the lack of college readiness is alarming. The school is in the process of a possible merger with a neighboring school (Arkport Central) in hopes that this merger will help provide more opportunities for students and accountability for staff. This is not the first time a merger has been sought after, but there is hope that this attempt will be successful if the communities put the needs of the students first and foremost in the decision making process.
Our school is very very small. My graduating class is 16 kids. We are not a religious school and are not exposed to the outside world unless done individually. We are not a diverse school and probably never will be. I would not choose this school again and will not have my future kids go to this school because you don't have opportunity here. Sports are small and limited ( if your lucky to have enough kids for a team), there are not a lot of choices and if you don't like the 10 kids in your class then your stuck because you will have the same ones until you graduate.
The Teachers at CCS each have a different method for teaching. Many do group activities and let the students take lead in the lesson others prefer presentations and book work for each chapter. For the most part the teachers care about each of the students, they are able to tell if something is wrong or if you need help even if the student doesn't tell them.