Canandaigua Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Canandaigua, NY. It has 1,164 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Canandaigua Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+79 Students
- A-63 Students
- B62 Students
- A-60 Students
- A-57 Students
- A+52 Students
- A-51 Students
- B+41 Students
- A41 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Canandaigua Academy
- A-Ruben A. Cirillo High School
- Gananda Central School District, NY
- 63 reviews
- A+Fairport Senior High School
- Fairport Central School District, NY
- 305 reviews
- AVictor Senior High School
- Victor Central School District, NY
- 235 reviews
- B-Honeoye Middle/High School
- Honeoye Central School District, NY
- 74 reviews
Canandaigua Academy Reviews
I’m proud and feel quite gratitude to be a student at Canandaigua Academy. I’ve been in the Canandaigua City School District for my entire educational career so far and it’s truly shaped who I am. Every teacher has been fantastic and inspiring. I’ve received a wonderful, well-rounded education and I’m so fortunate to be able to say that. Being a student at Canandaigua inspired me to become a teacher myself which is why I plan to further my education and go to college for Adolescence Education and English. It’s all thanks to Canandaigua :).
There are a lot of things CA has to help students that are struggling and I think some of them still need work done to make kids feel more comfortable showing up. There is also very little diversity in the student base which can lead to negative effects. The only other complaint would be the cleanliness of the bathrooms sometimes, but that more a fault of the students rather than the school district. Despite all of that, there are some phenomenal teachers in all subjects who really have a firm grasp of what they are doing and there really at least one teacher that any kid can connect to.
Love going to school here! All around I feel like we have the best of everything from Academics, to a great sports program, college readiness with the IB and AP programs. I'm in Student Government and that keeps me busy.They offer a great selection of after school activities for students to participate in.