Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Cameron Yoe High School is an above average, public school located in Cameron, TX. It has 494 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Cameron Yoe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+59 Students
- A+56 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-36 Students
- C+35 Students
- B34 Students
- C-32 Students
- B-23 Students
- A21 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Cameron Yoe High School
Cameron Yoe High School Reviews
My experience was average I would say. It’s a very small town, so everyone knows everyone. Students aren’t friendly to each other. Most Teachers do not have you college ready,with an acception of some teachers. The administration board is great! They try their best for the students. Cafeteria food is just your basic school lunches. Dress code is ridiculous, favoritism is very much shown in that category. You’ll see two girls wear the same thing but one of them will get away with it and not the other.
My experience at Cameron Yoe High School was pretty good. Teachers were always nice to me and treated me with respect as so did I. I thank all my teachers for helping me throughout these four years. I am fortunate that I had the opportunity to attend this school. My consular was extremely helpful whenever I had a question about something or needed help I knew I could go into her office to get help from her. I am especially grateful for my Ag teacher Mr. Kopriva for teaching me everything I know that I will be using in my future school Tulsa Welding School in Houston, Tx.
The teachers are awesome and they help out as much as they can! The teachers make sure you are understanding the lessons. Also , they try to make the lesson as easy as possible but make sure you´re actually getting work to do.