Cameron High School is a public school located in Cameron, WV. It has 342 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Cameron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-36 Students
- A-35 Students
- B-31 Students
- B28 Students
- C13 Students
- B10 Students
- C6 Students
- C+6 Students
- C+5 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Cameron High School
- C+John Marshall High School
- Marshall County Schools, WV
- 130 reviews
- C+West Greene High School
- West Greene School District, PA
- 29 reviews
- C+Bellaire High School
- Bellaire Local School District, OH
- 29 reviews
- C+Hundred High School
- Wetzel County Schools, WV
- 2 reviews
Cameron High School Reviews
My experience with Cameron high school has been a long and memorable journey. Some things that definitely stuck out that made myself love Cameron was the teachers and faculty. They taught me a lot and made High school a healthy environment. If I could change one thing about Cameron high school it would be to add more clubs. Everyone is different and looking for something to get involved with the school. I think it would better students in the long run.
I love the small school atmosphere and getting to really know my classmates and teachers. The food isn’t great but has slowly gotten better over the years. It is in a small town so there’s not much cultural diversity, though when there is someone new everyone is very welcoming and tolerant.
Cameron is a very small school and community. This is a good and bad thing. The small amount of students makes for a more comfortable, family-like environment and everyone knows everyone. A downside to a small school is that we lack many opportunities and programs that larger schools in our area receive.