Camden Hills Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Rockport, ME. It has 695 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Camden Hills Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- B32 Students
- C+27 Students
- A+25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Camden Hills Regional High School
- A-Islesboro Central School
- Islesboro Public Schools, ME
- 2 reviews
- C+North Haven Community School
- Regional School Unit No. 07 (MSAD 07), ME
- PK, K-12
- 5 reviews
- C+Vinalhaven School
- Regional School Unit No. 08 (MSAD 08), ME
- PK, K-12
- 21 reviews
- C+Medomak Valley High School
- Regional School Unit No. 40 (MSAD 40), ME
- 24 reviews
Camden Hills Regional High School Reviews
The People and teachers who go to this School all are warm and welcoming. Most teachers are very passionate about the subjects they teach and are very willing to help you. On the other hand a small portion of teachers are unorganized and seem to lack interest in their own field of teachings. The student atmosphere is very close because of the community size and the school size. It is over all a very Nice school which certainly puts academics first, but lacks in the athletic spirit department. Administration however does have a history of being disorganized and not transparent. For the area overall this school is a very good one.
The school is quite good. There aren't a whole lot of choices as to what classes are available, especially as compared to other schools of a similar size in the state. There aren't many clubs. sports are popular and teams perform well during their seasons. There is not really diversity in ethnicity, which is common for the area since there is almost no diversity in the community and it is a public school. There is a diversity in economic standing, largely a disparity between the lower middle class and the wealthy.
My experience may not be everyone's, but I believe most people would agree that CHRHS was a great school for Maine and we were fortunate to attend. Whether you want to excel in academics, art, theater, music or athletics, there are opportunities to participate in some of the best examples of any of them right here. Teachers that care, clean and modern facilities, plus very good cafeteria food, all added to a good high school experience.