Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Camden High School is a public school located in Camden, SC. It has 1,003 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Camden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A189 Students
- B+129 Students
- A125 Students
- B+110 Students
- B107 Students
- B-92 Students
- C+62 Students
- A-56 Students
- C53 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Camden High School Reviews
When I was at Camden High School I felt at home with the students even though I was only there for a short period of time. The teachers were also very involved in trying to make sure the students read and understood the criteria. Before I left Camden High School my band teacher was so involved he through me an Italian themed going away party. Why was Italian themed, because that's where I moved. I am from a family that is part of the military that moved to Vicenza High School.
This is my senior year at Camden High School, and I can honestly say that it is a great choice for any teenager. It doesn't matter what your background is, the staff at this school are dedicated to making sure you get SOMEWHERE in life. The one thing I would love to see happen at Camden High is more community service projects. There should be a plethora of other choices for community service other than the animal shelter. Overall, Camden High is a great high school and I'm proud to say that I will be a Bulldog Alumni on May 30, 2020.
Camden High School was an amazing school. Being that Camden is a small town to begin with, everyone was pretty close, including the staff. Teachers at Camden High School were extremely caring. The school was like one close knit family. I graduated in 2016 and in 2015, 3 of our classmates were killed in 3 different car crashes. It impacted the school, and community profoundly, but also brought a lot of people much closer, which is what I love most about my alma mater. Teachers like Lisa Twitty, Rebecca Rundlett, and Casey Faulkenberry got me ready for college and I will forever appreciate them.