Camden High School
- CAMDEN, NJ
grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Camden High School is a public school located in CAMDEN, NJ. It has 387 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Camden High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+76 Students
- grade C56 Students
- grade B50 Students
- grade A42 Students
- grade A minus36 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
- grade B29 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade A+27 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Camden High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Pep ralllys43%
- Homecoming game29%
- Spirit week29%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$35,290 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Camden High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 18 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I am rather disappointed in CHS. The reason for this is one, CHS education system has plummeted. Their education tactics and teaching styles have not helped students now or in my knowing, the past three years. Our graduation rates have been low. Students don't know what they're doing or where they're going to go because they feel they aren't being taught correctly or the way they need to be. Our environment is disgusting and it makes me sick. The school is so unsanitary. It smells horrible and it is as if the school is home to the roaches. Eww! So finally, I really dislike CHS.
This school is really nasty and the environment needs improving. I recommend not going to this school!!!
My experience in Camden High School is simply amazing. I've attended "CHS" for four years and I loved it. Everyone here is family and I honestly wouldn't change a thing.