Camden County High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kingsland, GA. It has 2,489 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Camden County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+347 Students
- A+343 Students
- B-285 Students
- C183 Students
- B+163 Students
- B132 Students
- A-128 Students
- B-113 Students
- C+93 Students
- B89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.54 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.54 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 165 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.84 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.89 responses
Camden County High School Reviews
I had a great experience attending CCHS. The teachers and administration personnel were always there to help in any way they could and the resources were all there for a quality education. This is an old school, my parents and grandparents attended the very same school, but the additions and upgrades completed over the years have made this a very nice facility. The only change I would make would be to update our sports facilities, especially our gymnasium. I spent four years playing in that gym and wouldn't trade a single minute but it would be nice to have a little more room for the fans. The gym is packed every night during basketball season and I think there would be even better attendance if it was not standing room only. I love Camden County High School!
The school is amazing. The opportunities for all learning levels of students is incredible. The vocational areas win state and national recognition in computer-based competitions and the SKILLS USA team wins awards every year in electrical, masonry, plumbing, etc. The academic side is amazing as well. The dual-enrollment program has helped many students earn a full year or more in college credits while in high school. This school is also the top ranked title 1 school in the state of Georgia in End of Course test scores! Top notch school!
I loved Camden! The education was superb and a lot of people were in Honors and AP classes: some less deserving than others to be present in those programs. The theatre program was top notch! The football team was a huge part of the school culture and generally determined your place on the social hierarchy though. :/ Overall, great place to be; especially if you’re looking for a high quality education.