Camden County High School
- KINGSLAND, GA
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Camden County High School is a highly rated, public school located in KINGSLAND, GA. It has 2,485 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Camden County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+491 Students
- grade B+477 Students
- grade B minus392 Students
- grade B274 Students
- grade C242 Students
- grade B+190 Students
- grade B185 Students
- grade B148 Students
- grade A+127 Students
- grade A+125 Students
View Homes Near Camden County High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 64 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 64 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 212 responses
- Football games.20%
- Senior trip14%
- Theater shows14%
- Senior skip day12%
- The friday night football and basketball games.10%
- Musical shows8%
- Senior prank week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 64 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 94 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,400 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 99 responses
Camden County High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 587 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Camden County High School (CCHS) is an amazing school for those interested in the dual enrollment program. It offers a plethora of dual enrollment classes right on the highschool campus! I, myself, have been enrolled in at least 5 so far and they are great opportunities for a future in college. CCHS has many clubs as well. However, there are a couple of flaws with the school. It is the only public high school in Camden County therefore it does have over 2,500 students. The hallways get extremely crowded during class change which makes it easy for you to be tardy to class. There are a lot of students who love drama and causing problems with teachers and other students. The cafeteria food is awful but edible. However, overall, it is an okay school because they offer a lot of different educational options as well dual enrollment/advanced placement classes.
Camden County High School was one of the reasons why my family moved to Georgia. They are a top rated school and I would receive a quality education. From the first time that I walked into the front door for 9th grade classes to the last time that I walked the halls as a senior, my high school journey has been a rollercoaster of experiences and memories. I am actually surprised that high school is wrapping up for me. I really enjoyed Camden County high school and wish that I could have an even with longer time and more memories here. The teachers are dedicated and only want the best for us. During your time here you may have a teacher you don't see eye to eye with but ultimately their experience will prepare you for the rest of your journey in life from collage to retirement. In the future I would like my own children to come to this school and walk the same halls that I did!
Camden County High School offers every student a chance to thrive. There numerous clubs, sports, activities, and resources offered. Teachers and administrators always encourage students to pursue their passions and strong suits on campus. There is something for everyone here. Our students are always motivated to do well academically and to properly prepare for schooling after graduation. Students are able to take college-level classes on campus and are able to take practice SAT's. Camden County High School has helped me grow and mature professionally, academically, and personally. Students are able to connect and learn together. My overall experience as a student at Camden County High School has been excellent and has prepared me for my future.